Junior Chamber International
JCI is a membership-based nonprofit organization of 200,000 young people aged 18 to 40 in over 5,000 communities and more than 100 countries around the world. Each JCI Member shares the belief that in order to create lasting positive change, we must improve ourselves and the world around us.
We seek targeted solutions to the unique problems in our communities to build a better world, and creating global impact in four areas: Individual, Community, Business and International.
Junior Chamber International Syria
JCI Syria was established in 2004 under the umbrella of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Syria as its youth economic commission and has grown to become the leading organization for empowering youth and spreading volunteerism in Syria. Right now, JCI Syria has over 660 members working in four chapters: Damascus, Aleppo, Homs, and Lattakia, with two chapters under establishment in Deir Al Zor and Hama.
JCI Syria organizes development projects locally and nationally in order to activate its members, build their skills and create positive change in the community. An example of those projects would be:
• IBDAA Competition for creativity among teenagers
• Best Business Plan Competition
• Creative Young Entrepreneur Award
• Business Lecture Series
• UN Millennium Development Goals awareness
• Facilitating networking among young people.
• Supporting other NGO's within the community
• Debate and Public Speaking workshops and competitions for members, schools, and universities
• Several courses about planning, leadership, communication and the development of several technical and personal skills
• Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility
JCI Syria is currently working on organizing one of its most important projects; the 2012 JCI Africa and Middle East Conference to be held at the Conferences Palace in Damascus in May 2012. It will be the first time that this conference is held in our region and it is expected to be attended by about 700 people from Africa, the Middle East and Europe. The conference will be preceded by the JCI Africa and Middle East Leadership Academy that will graduate over 100 future leaders.
JCI Syria will always strive to provide best development opportunities for young active citizens and will continue to raise the bar for all NGO's in Syria.